  From: kenw2dtc
  To: Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service ; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Friday, November 28, 2008 10:33 AM
  Subject: Re: [AMRadio] 7190 and/or 7195

  K5MYJ wrote: "Just remember that NO ONE OWNS a frequency. If it is open it is
available to the first group that takes it!"

  We had a guy here on the east coast (W2VJZ) who after calling CQ on 3885 at 5
AM, had a mindset that he owned 3885 for the rest of the day.  It didn't matter
that he was off  the air for an hour after the CQ, it was still his frequency
and he would fight those or QRM those who came on or near 3885.  He went to his
grave (SK) with this type of thinking and no one could talk him out of this
concept.

  73,
  Ken W2DTC

  Ken Barber  Middletown, NJ