KJ4DJF, first, what is your name?  It is always good to have a name to
direct comments to.

I'm interested also in finding out what your 200 w. AM transceiver is.
  I am not familiar with any recent ham rig that is a 200 w.
transceiver but I am not closely following the new gear now.

What you write about operating may be true part of the time, but if
you have a signal that can be heard, most AM ops will recognize you
without too much delay.  Unless you have a very poor antenna, 200 w.
should be pretty good copy on 75 meters.  That's about what a Valiant
puts out.  You could find a clear frequency and call CQ.

Give us a bit more information like frequencies you have tried to
operate on, and what you are using for an antenna and rig.   I promise
people will be eager to work you.  There is little or no cliquishness
in AM.

73

Rob
K5UJ