Using my 85cm offset feed dish on 2400-MHz with a 0.6 dBNF preamp
(MK232A2), I could see about 1/2 s-unit of sun noise and a similar
amount of ground noise when looking at nearby forest on the
horizon.  Comparing the sun shaddow on the dish vs. noise peak az-el
readings would indicate how close the feed was to perfect boresight
and alignment.

73, Ed - KL7UW