I would have to side with Nigel here as my understanding is that he is
quite correct - you are not allowed to listen into the Police
frequencies for instance or any other frequency that you are not
authorized for - maybe you can in Scotland Gordon :-P

As always, I am happy to be corrected though.

David
M0ZLB/KG4ZLB