At 08:00 AM 8/29/2010, David - KG4ZLB wrote:
>   I would have to side with Nigel here as my understanding is that he is
>quite correct - you are not allowed to listen into the Police
>frequencies for instance or any other frequency that you are not
>authorized for - maybe you can in Scotland Gordon :-P

Each country has its own rules.  In Australia, you're allowed to
listen to anything sent in the clear, except for traffic covered by
the Telecommunications Act (i.e. phone calls).  The Police were fair
game, until they switched to encrypted digital systems several years ago.

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com