I acquired a fair amount of windsurfer mast at a garage sale and have
used it successfully as a mast for a 3 element 6M beam and also as a
support for a 40M inverted vee with no problems yet. I have clamped two
pieces together with hose clamps to get about 22 feet of height with no
guying. Each individual mast is about 15 feet. It flexes in strong wind
a bit, but that is what it is supposed to do in normal use. I have the
antenna rotor for the 6 meter beam mounted on my deck with a sleeve
bearing in a tripod.

I know you were asking about PVC, but windsurfer technology has changed
over the years and you may also find older masts at garage sales or flea
markets.

73,
Bill
NJ1H