On 10/25/2011 10:09 AM, Michael Schulz wrote:
On Tue, 2011-10-25 at 09:53 -0500, Gregg Wonderly wrote:

Art, there is no conflict in you using Amateur Radio as a hobby.  The conflict
is in the exact "meaning" of each of the words in the subject line.   The
capitalization of "Is a HOBBY", puts the emphasis on "is" and "hobby", which for
me says that there is no "other part."  I enjoy many hobby parts of Amateur

Are you for real? Just checking. You are really spending valuable time
of your day to dissect a posting to a mailing list word by word and
nitpick about it? WOW!

Mike, I do computer software for a living, and every single character, word and symbol is important to the meaning of what I type. I've been using the internet since the 80's when I was in college, reading peoples posts, and in fact understanding a great deal of what people really mean by reading what they type. Its not easy to glean exact meanings from what people type. But, the subject line, for me, is a big indicator of what is going to be in the post.

Certainly you can be amazed at my attention to details that are not important to you. And you can decide what value it is to you for me to do that. But in the end, I'm serious about what the amateur radio service really is, and if you don't think that there is any "service" required, and you can just play about and have fun and not give back in any way, then go for it. No one can stop you...

Gregg Wonderly