At 02:28 AM 12/1/2011, Rick Tejera wrote:
Gordon,

There are at least two groups that  know of that launch High altitude
balloons with amateur payloads. I just joined one: Arizona Near Space
Research. http://www.ansr.org/

High altitude balloons are fun. There's a group here that launches them as well from Adelaide. Had fun when they installed a crossband repeater on one of their balloons. Also had a go at decoding telemetry, but being on the edge of the footprint and with small antennas, I haven't had much luck with telemetry. :(

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com