Interesting question, Vince...am sure someone on here will be able to answer it. I know at one time the civilian population was restricted from the most accurate location, and as I also remember the military accuracy was within a centimeter if several observations were taken...Nice to see your smiling face on here, my friend...

Anyone?

73 Dave

I have an old GPS unit, a Magellan explorist 210. It's fairly accurate determining position. After it has acquired about eight to ten satellites the position error averages between 20 to 35 feet. Now the question, the other day I was looking at one of the information pages the unit can display and on it, it gives the time in UTC. Just for fun I thought I would see how close the time was to WWV. I was surprised to see the unit was between one to four seconds off over various tests compared to WWV. IS this typical of all GPS units or do some display the time of day more accurately?

KB7ADL

           73, Dave, WB6LLO
               dguim...@san.rr.com

                   Disagree: I learn....