BTW: Why is the U/V the choice of almost any sat launched this days...?

Why not V/U or V/A?

73 de CO7WT

El 30/05/13 00:17, Bob- W7LRD escribió:
if there were  a "real" ham on the ISS things would be different.
73 Bob W7LRD

*From: *"Ing. Pavel Milanes Costa" <co...@frcuba.co.cu>
*To: *amsat-bb@amsat.org
*Sent: *Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:04:23 PM
*Subject: *[amsat-bb] Re: Is there anyway to get a linear transponder on
the ISS?

There is no provision or equipment for the job on board.

There is a FM repeater in U/V mode, but last time on for it back a years
from now (2008?)

That time I read in some place of the internet that the FM repeater was
a power hungry device onboard, and that's why it was turned off...

They do not want to listen, or no body said to them that just turning
the TX Power Down will fix this... or kind of...

I think the repeater function involved the Kenwood radio that now has a
malfunction...

so... there is no hope for now...

My 5 cents...

73 de CO7WT