From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of g0...@aol.com
Sent: 30 May 2013 15:55
To: co...@frcuba.co.cu; w7...@comcast.net
Cc: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Is there anyway to get a linear transponder on
theISS?

Hi.

Mode VU suffers from interference at the atellite from illegal use of
2m for taxis etc.
Mode VU has a higher path loss on UHF from the satellite to ground

Mode A has issues with higher noise levels and the size of antenna
required on the satellite.

But, I agree mode A would get a lot of interest from people with HF +
50MHz equipment.
- HF antenna = prototype deorbit system??
or 2 x ferrite rods at 90 degrees on receive

Thanks

David  G0MRF