On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 04:46:30PM +0100, David Barber wrote:

> Don't forget they ran L/V (23cm up / 2m down) for a short period in January
> 2009.
>
> Unfortunately few takers, I think only three of us in the UK.

When they ran U/V I was able to get in quite successfully with my 70cm HT and a
simple Yagi, and receive my own signal with the 2m set in the car.
Unfortunately, the ISS had been boosted to a slightly higher orbit which put
everyone else wrong - the computer-controlled tuning and aerial steering
systems were looking in the wrong part of the sky, at the wrong time, and
transmitting on the wrong frequency.

Chalk another one up for the Armstrong Rotator then ;-)

--
Gordonjcp MM0YEQ