Tom Freeman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I tend to agree that the site duration information is a little
> pointless, but it's unavoidably required by the client.

It's his money you're pouring down the drain :-)

> Can you think of any way possible that I can customise Analog to
> produce this information?

The short answer is no. The slightly longer answer is the one I gave before - if you
are logging cookies, and are using something that generates a "sessionid" cookie,
(something like the Webtrends plugin, or, if you're using sessions in ASP, or any
other "dynamic" system", whatever sessionID cookie they generate), then you can create
a custom logformat that recognizes the cookie as the User field, and by generating a
User Report with the First and Last Time/date columns, you can easily read this into a
script (or even Excel), and calculate averages to your hearts content.

> Is there any way I can get Average Visit Length information from
> Analog...? How easy would it be to customise the code to enable this
> report...?

Analog will not count "sessions" for you under any circumstances, unless your web
server indicates in it's log files which session each entry belongs to. It wouldn't be
a case of customizing Analog, it would require a complete redesign of significant
parts of the applications.

Aengus