> I have done some modifications to my code, following your
> indications.
>
> I have created a new class, ProximityIntentReceiver to receive the
> PROXIMITY_ALERT action .
>
>     class ProximityIntentReceiver extends IntentReceiver
>     {
>         @Override
>         public void onReceiveIntent(Context context, Intent intent)
>         {
>               String action = intent.getAction();
>
>               if (action.equals(PROXIMITY_ALERT))
>                       showAlert("Proximity alert.",1, "Alert message.", "OK",
> false);
>         }
>     }

At least with the emulator, you will get dozens of intents per second
while you are in proximity of the target location. Using showAlert(),
therefore, is not a recommended idea, as you may get dozens of alert
dialogs stacked atop each other.

If you are merely looking to confirm that you are receiving the intent, I
would use android.util.Log.

> In DDMS perspective I saw that I need to add ACCESS_CELL_ID permission
> to use proximity alert, it's true? I add it into AndroidManifest.xml .

You definitely need some permissions. I think I use ACCESS_LOCATION,
ACCESS_CELL_ID, and the GPS one (I forget the name), just to make sure I
have what I need.

> I run the application and the alert is fired :) But ... I have the
> next error:
>
> An error has ocurred in net.mobilefight.trackbuilder.
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError.

That could be from several dozen (or hundred) alert dialogs. Try switching
to android.util.Log and see if that clears up the problem.

> Is normal that the mock GPS continue working although the activity is
> closed?

Yes.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)