> Are you sure you are calling removeProximityAlert() with the exact same
> Intent object as you used with the corresponding addProximityAlert()?

Yes, I use the same Intent object. To be sure, I have added a boolean
extra (alert_activated) to the intent. When the intentReceiver
receives the first alert, alert_activated is false, then I show a
message and modify this extra with true to don't show the message the
next time that the alert is fired. I do it because
removeProximityAlert() doesn't remove the proximity alert.

I thought that I couldn't  use removeProximityAlert() inside an
IntentReceiver and I try other thing. I use removeProximityAlert()
into an OptionMenu, I call the remove function directly. But this also
fails.

Into DDMS perspective I can see that removeProximityAlert() is called,
also I see that the alert continues activated. I continue receiving
alerts although I close the application.

> All I know is, it worked for me when writing the TourIt sample application
> for my book. You can download that application
> fromhttp://commonsware.com/Android/as part of the source code bundle.

When I run the TourIt sample application and I select the ... option I
don't see a map, I see a white screen. I have entered to the
configuration option and I select the velo provider ( I add it into
the emulator) but I don't see where is the problem. Why I don't see
the map.

> >> 3. Call startSubActivity() to launch the child activity
>
> > This don't work. Is possible start a subActivity inside an
> > IntentReceiver?
>
> It definitely works if the IntentReceiver is part of an Activity (i.e.,
> registered via registerReceiver()) -- just have the Activity object call
> startSubActivity().
>
> It probably does not work if the IntentReceiver is a standalone component,
> though (i.e., registered as a receiver via the manifest).

The IntentReceiver is declared into the main class, the main class
extends of MapActivity.

Thanks for your time.