> That could be from several dozen (or hundred) alert dialogs. Try switching
> to android.util.Log and see if that clears up the problem.

To avoid java.lang.OutOfMemoryError I use a boolean variable to check
wether the problem is that you are thinking...

    class ProximityIntentReceiver extends IntentReceiver
    {
        @Override
        public void onReceiveIntent(Context context, Intent intent)
        {
                String action = intent.getAction();

                if (action.equals(PROXIMITY_ALERT))
                {
                        if (!alert_activated)
                        {
                                showAlert("Proximity alert.",0, "Alert
message.", "OK",
false);
                                alert_activated = true;
                        }
                }
        }
    }

And yes, it seems that it is.

> You definitely need some permissions. I think I use ACCESS_LOCATION,
> ACCESS_CELL_ID, and the GPS one (I forget the name), just to make sure I
> have what I need.

Yes, the trackbuilder example has android.permission.ACCESS_LOCATION,
android.permission.ACCESS_GPS and I have add
android.permission.ACCESS_CELL_ID.

When I load a Location Provider and then I choose exit option I have
an Application Error:

"An error has ocurred in net.mobilefight.trackbuilder. Error receiving
broadcast null in net.mobilefight.trackbuilder.TrackBuilder
[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

I have removed this error using the unregisterReceiver function into
the exit function.

> If you are merely looking to confirm that you are receiving the intent, I
> would use android.util.Log.

I would like to use the proximity alert to fire an activity, but with
the modifications that I try  doesn't work.

 myLocationManager.addProximityAlert(LATITUDE_ALERT_1,

LONGITUDE_ALERT_1,

RADIUS_ALERT,

EXPIRATION_ALERT,

intentClass);

where intentClass is an Intent. I put this code into onCreate
function:

intentClass = new Intent(this,alertClass.class);

With this method doesn't work, the activity is not firing. I modify
the ProximityIntentReceiver to fire the Activity.

    class ProximityIntentReceiver extends IntentReceiver
    {
        @Override
        public void onReceiveIntent(Context context, Intent intent)
        {
                String action = intent.getAction();

                if (action.equals(PROXIMITY_ALERT))
                {
                        if (!alert_activated)
                        {
                                alert_activated = true;
                                startSubActivity(intentClass, ALERT_CODE);
                        }
                }
        }
    }

With this code I have the next message error:

Error receiving broadcast Intent
{action=net.mobilefight.trackbuilder.action.PROXIMITY_ALERT
extras=Bundle[{entering=true}]} in
net.mobilefight.trackbuilder.TrackBuilder
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

According to I have read, I think that I can't use startActivity/
startsubActivity into an IntentReceiver I obtain the above error.
Then, if I can't use startActivity/startsubActivity and the function
proximityAlert doesn't work with Intent(this,alertClass.class) how I
can open an activity from an IntentReceiver or directly with the
proximityAlert function?.

I explain you because I would want to open an activity, maybe there is
other way to do it. The idea is that when the GPS point is near of
some alert point I want to show information related of that location.
This information is stored into a SQLite database, the intention of
the activity would be to read from the database.

Thanks for your help, if there is something that happens to you I try
it.