> Also, all “with Google” Android phones will automatically update
> themselves to the latest firmware.

I think this needs to be worked on and is not a good function.

I didn't buy a DoCoMo ht-03a (magic) because of it.

I want control to be able to update via wifi and not pay packet charges.

In Japan, monthly packet fees start at about $5 and max out at $60.

Even if I don't use packets, your update could result in me seeing a $60 bill.

This only makes sense for those people who are ready for a $60 bill
every month because then if an update comes, they are at the limit
anyway and won't be charged any more.

For us users who are trying to keep below $60 per month, your
automatic updates means we can't control our costs by limiting our
usage.

Marketing-wise, maybe the target user is people who expect a $60 bill
every month.  As an app developer, I'd like to see wider adoption.
The iphone here starts at the same $5 per month and then you pay by
usage up to a maximum (same $60).  How can iphone push updates that
don't cost the user but android can't?

Shawn