> 1. Ask your carrier. Idle speculation gets you nowhere. Only the people
> who would send you a bill can tell you what will be on that bill.

Everyone who gets Android in Japan gets a form to sign consenting to
packet charges for updates.  They state there is no way to do it over
wifi.  That is the first picture users in Japan will get of Android -
ridiculous unless you want to pay a ton.

> 2. This is not an appropriate list for this discussion, as this list is
> for Q&A with beginners in using the Android SDK.

I take it from your statement then from a technical point of view that
the SDK can not be used to allow users any choice as when to update if
it is being pushed from a carrier.

OK, thank you for the information.  That is what I wanted to know.

Shawn