Hello,

I'm trying to write some highly graphics-intensive code. It's basically
rendering into a pixel array (int[]), which I want to slam onto the
screen as quickly as possible.

What I'm seeing is rather disappointing. What I'm doing is copying the
pixel array into a Bitmap object using Bitmap.setPixels(), and then
drawing the Bitmap using a custom View class; the data's actually being
produced from another thread, so there's also a postInvalidate() in
there. Full screen, with a dummy drawing routine that just fills the
array with garbage, this is maxing out at 25fps while using 100% CPU time.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be able to do to
speed things up? For example, is it possible to bypass the compositing
layer somehow, which has *got* to be hurting things? Is there any way of
getting the Bitmap's internal pixel store, so I can draw into that and
save a copy? Any suggestions?

--
David Given
[EMAIL PROTECTED]