My main issues is that the line drawing is usually faster than images
on real phones for up to 12 or so lines, but not the emulator.   The
drawing images and 3d is actually not that bad for fast phones of
2003, but it should be about 8 times faster.  25fps is actually really
fast, but like you said it is just a single test image.

As far as speeding things up the most important thing is to reuse the
Bitmap object and not create one each frame.  I assume you are already
doing that given your getting 25fps.  Not much other than that is
going to dramatically increase performance.  If you follow Google
performance advice document you are doing just about everything you
can do.

Remember the first arcade games that sold millions of copies only got
5-7 fps.