simon wrote:
> OK. it's really pretty annoying you forgot sqlite3 on windows. t'm
> glad i have a virtual linux box, so i can use the linux sdk also. but
> how am i supposed to access a database if the sqlite3 tool is now an
> external tool, which is not available in the adb shell? which file
> shall i open?
> on m5 i got me an adb shell and invoked sqlite3 data/data/my.app/
> databases/my.database . How do i do this with the external tool??

One approach is to use adb pull to transfer the database to your
workstation, then use whatever tools you like to manipulate it. If you
make changes to it, use adb push to put it back on the emulator. There
may be IDE equivalents to these if you're using an Android-aware IDE.

For working with the database files, I use the SQLite Manager plugin for
Firefox. For you, since SQLite is bundled with Firefox, it should "just
work" despite the SDK apparently missing the sqlite3 command-line tool.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com