On 7/27/2010 8:19 PM, Dianne Hackborn wrote:
On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Raymond C. Rodgers <raym...@badlucksoft.com <mailto:raym...@badlucksoft.com>> wrote:

    Agreed. After I wrote my part above, I even thought of another
    possibility... I haven't checked the API thoroughly, but it maybe
    possible to store the public key on your own server, protected as
    you see fit, then when you do your licensing checks, you download
    the public key through whatever secure mechanism you feel is
    sufficient, do the check, and then discard the public key.

There is no need or advantage in protecting or dealing specially with the public key. That's the beauty of public key encryption.

<http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en>
I agree, but there are those nervous types... :-)
Raymond