I think it was stated previously in this thread. The problem isn't
Eclipse. The problem is the Android plugin. I'm using Eclipse more
than 8h per day at work, and I don't have any problems there (I'm not
doing any Android development at work). I can also use Eclipse at home
without any problems if I never switch to the design view, or edit
Android xml files. Switching to design view or editing xml files means
that my Eclipse (tested several different versions) craches within one
hour. Often several times per hour, and it's always a related to a
memory problem, and it's due to leaking handles. Looks like it's
either directly related to editing, or generation of R.

(And I'm having a 64 bit machine with 8 GB of RAM)