I don't have anything helpful to add, TreKing, but I did want you to
know that a small minority of my users see random breakage on update
and a reinstall fixes them right up.

Needless to say, this is unnecessarily frustrating and time-consuming.

Perhaps unrelated, I've also seen quite a few complaints from people
who got OTA Android 2.2 updates.  In those cases, sometimes an
uninstall/reinstall works, but at least one person I corresponded with
had so many problems with their 2.2 update that she had to take her
phone back to Verizon and get a replacement.

It's really hard to have to repeatedly say to people "I swear it's not
my app -- it's your phone.  Trust me."

Doug