> Wonder what I can do to make it up ...
Tell them there's cake.

I have had the same problem with every update myself. In average I get
one or two horrible ratings and about 10 emails with problems which
are always solved by reinstalling. I do not use copyprotection.

The problem with null pointers I can also see with my users.

I don't understand the above comment about statics either.
Uninstalling the app presumably means that app being closed first. The
updated version needs to be started by the user, it doesn't
automatically replace what was in memory before.

Very rarely, I get some interesting reports such as one person who
said that launcher icon was suddenly gone. Instead, he saw some text
there. Reinstalling fixed that.

Martin
mobitobi
Gentle Alarm, Sleep Now