Yes we have threads about this already but we still have not gotten an
answer AND I think it's about time somebody at least explain what does
this number actually MEAN. I'm getting frustrated with the lack of
transparency on this.

My apps used to be around 56% active installs

VERY soon after I updated the apps to allow install to SDCARD
(preferExternal), then the active install count started dropping like
a rock. Now it's around 39% today for my main app.

My opinion is there is a bug in the SDCARD install feature somewhere
that is not counting those installs. We know there already is a bug
with home screen icons if you install to sdcard you will get a blank
icon until the Home app restarts.

Actually probably time to submit this issue in the bugtracker.

-niko20