On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 9:57 AM, niko20 <nikolatesl...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yes we have threads about this already but we still have not gotten
> an answer

And don't expect one. It's not how Google rolls.

> AND I think it's about time somebody at least explain what does this number
> actually MEAN.

Yeah, don't hold your breath on that one.

> I'm getting frustrated with the lack of transparency on this.

It sucks, but this is the way it is. No sense in getting all riled up about
it, particularly when we're all in the same boat.

> My opinion is there is a bug in the SDCARD install feature somewhere that
> is not counting those installs.

I do not use the SDCARD install option and my stats have plunged off a steep
cliff as well.

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Maps.Huge.Info (Maps API Guru) <
cor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As stated in the other thread, the problem may just be that the algorithm
> that computes active install percentage may just be more accurate now.

I doubt this in particular for paid apps. There is a
vast discrepancy between what I see in the Dev Console and Google Checkout.

> It could also be that your user base started uninstalling your app when you
> posted the update. Many people will uninstall an app they haven't used for a
> while when an update comes around because they are reminded they have it.

Also not likely for paid apps.

> I too have seen a drop from 64% to 61% in one of my apps and from 58% to
> 47% in another. Is this a problem or a correction? I guess we may
> never know.

My paid app has dropped about 25% TOTAL, meanwhile sales, according to
Google Checkout, have never been better. I think it's a problem.

> Regardless, since it's happening to everyone, it won't affect your position
> in the market or anything else tangible, so you might as well just live with
> it.

Yup. Just another day (week, month, year?) dealing with Da Market. Good
times!