On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 9:26 AM, ses <stew...@ssims.co.uk> wrote:

> are there any plans for a moderation of apps on the Market?

Don't count on it.

>  Do other developers agree that some apps which clearly don't work or are
> so poor quality they could be deemed a waste of time should be removed, and
> do they think this (or any other approach) might raise the bar in terms of
> applications and stimulate Android app downloads?

Wholeheartedly.

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Kumar Bibek <coomar....@gmail.com> wrote:

> But to do this, Google should setup a team specifically for this purpose,
> which as far as I know, is not being planned yet in the near future.

There's no need a for a dedicated team. Why not let the community deal with
it? All they have to do is program the Market to automatically eject any
apps that are deemed to be garbage by the community. This would be a factor
of low rating and being flagged as "inappropriate". Get a low enough rating
and enough flags and you're voted off the island. If you want back in you
have to contact Google Customer Support. In other words, you'd never be
allowed back. The mass of spam would be quickly eliminated and it would cost
Google nothing more than the initial setup.

The day I no longer see crapps from M Star LLC or Michael Quach will be a
joyous day indeed.