Rereading the OP, I think I veered a little OT (again). ses is talking about
moderating quality (which is much more difficult and I don't think needs to
be done or should be) while I'm specifically talking moderating the spam
(which automatically implies poor quality).

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Kumar Bibek <coomar....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Agree, but before removing such an app, Google should atleast intimate the
> dev the reason, else, it won't be fair for the developer. And for this,
> someone will definitely have to checkout the app in person, before taking it
> down.

Google wouldn't have to do anything unless the developer challenged the
"eviction". That's why I said you'd have to contact Google Support to get
re-listed. I'd love to see a spammer take the time to go through that hassle
and try to defend their actions.

> Also, if Google wishes to include such a condition in Terms and Conditions,
> say for example, if you app has 2000 downloads with avg rating of 1.5 stars,
> your app will be automatically removed, I am not sure, if all the devs would
> like this.

Honestly, the only devs that wouldn't like this are the ones that are
causing the problem to begin with. Any self-respecting developer with a
half-decent app can stay above 3 stars. And even if an app is utter crap,
I'm saying it would still have to be flagged as spam A LOT before being
pulled.

Crap apps that don't spam or fake updates to get in the Just In list don't
bother anyone. It's the dicks that flood the market with "updates" every day
to get the just-in bump that need to be forcibly and permanently removed.