Really ... 2 things.

First, the fact is 15 minutes is not enough for most apps. In the case
of a game finished in 1 hour - if it is finished that fast, then it
probably wasn't worth buying in the first place. A good game would
take much more time. More importantly, even with the increased
download limits, many paid apps have additional data that must be
downloaded. For example, I bought a program called Human Japanese.
Once downloaded, it then launches and proceeds to download over 100mb
to the SD Card. Even on wifi, this frequently takes longer than 15
minutes. If done over EDGE or 3G, it could take even longer. Fact is,
the app cannot in any way, shape or form, be evaluated in 15 minutes.
NOT POSSIBLE. The same is the case with some games, that have the
program file download from the market, and game content from a 3rd
party server. Market THINKS it is completely bought & downloaded, but
you're looking at a much longer time before even being able to use it.
There will be NO GOOD come of this change, except a few whiny
developers will see their sales drop as people flock to piracy sites -
which are out there. And, it takes seconds to back up an APK and
refund it, so this doesn't prevent that.

Second, about users. Seriously. If someone is too stupid to check the
GMail account that sends its notifications DIRECTLY to the phone they
bought the app on..... then good riddance. Unless your app is "Smart
phones for Complete Morons in 3 easy words", then chances are you
don't want that person anyway as someone you'd have to support. It
would cost you more than they paid for the app.