On Dec 11, 4:57 pm, aelfwyne <aelfw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Second, about users. Seriously. If someone is too stupid to check the
> GMail account that sends its notifications DIRECTLY to the phone they
> bought the app on..... then good riddance. Unless your app is "Smart
> phones for Complete Morons in 3 easy words", then chances are you
> don't want that person anyway as someone you'd have to support. It
> would cost you more than they paid for the app.

That person has already become someone you get to support when you get
the email asking where their download is. Or do you simply delete such
emails since they haven't given you any money yet?

I don't know that 'DIRECTLY to their phone' is a safe assumption. Yes,
that's how my phone is set up, but some people are even getting yahoo
mail as their primary account.

All I ask is that the Android Market just decline the transaction and
tell the user such inside the Market app. Or maybe they could use the
notification api. Do you think their "infinite loop plus email
notification" is user friendly?

When they don't keep users well informed and tell them what they can
do, us developers end up doing it instead.

Nathan