Have you considered some kind of webportal with the use of paypal and using
the webview control? Then using an external SQL server to manage your
subscription for the add ons?

-----Original Message-----
From: android-developers@googlegroups.com
[mailto:android-develop...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of John Gaby
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2011 5:04 PM
To: Android Developers
Subject: [android-developers] Re: App Add-on

Thanks for the link, it really cleared things up (*NOT*).  It was an
interesting read, however.  His situation is very similar to mine.  I would
like to sell 'virtual content' from within the game.  The way Google is
making me do it is absurd.

On Jan 7, 1:35 pm, TreKing <treking...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 3:22 PM, John Gaby <jg...@gabysoft.com> wrote:
> > I know.  I really wish that Google had an in-app purchase mechanism
> > like Apple (or would allow the use of 3rd party in-app purchasing like
PayPal).

thread:http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=3c472