Note that you replied to me directly. I am redirecting this response
to the list.

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 7:29 PM, John Davis <jda...@pcprogramming.com> wrote:
> How do I find out if someone else is already working on the same thing?

Search the archives of [android-contrib] and [android-platform]. If
you don't see anything, post to [android-contrib], saying you are
interested in contributing XYZ related to WebGL, and you're wondering
if anyone is working on this and if contributions in this area would
be welcome.

You might also want to cite the existing work in the area that you
presumably uncovered via a Google search and how your contribution
will relate to it, such as:

http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/developerworld/2011/02/24/webgl-support-in-the-android-web-browser/
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=11012

I would also recommend that you be very precise about what you are
planning to contribute. Just saying "um, yeah, I wanna have WebGL,
what can I do?" probably won't get you terribly far.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android 3.0 Programming Books: http://commonsware.com/books