It is also worth pointing out that it may be difficult to be able to
contribute in this kind of area.  The engineers responsible for different
parts of the system also have obligations they need to deliver for upcoming
releases; if someone wants to make a contribution that deeply impacts their
code and will require a fair amount of time to review and integrate then
they may need to prioritize it accordingly.  Not to mention needing to
account for its impact on QA, documentation, and other parts of the release
process.

Anyway, android-contrib is the correct place for this kind of discussion.

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Mark Murphy <mmur...@commonsware.com>wrote:

> Note that you replied to me directly. I am redirecting this response
> to the list.
>
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 7:29 PM, John Davis <jda...@pcprogramming.com>
> wrote:
> > How do I find out if someone else is already working on the same thing?
>
> Search the archives of [android-contrib] and [android-platform]. If
> you don't see anything, post to [android-contrib], saying you are
> interested in contributing XYZ related to WebGL, and you're wondering
> if anyone is working on this and if contributions in this area would
> be welcome.
>
> You might also want to cite the existing work in the area that you
> presumably uncovered via a Google search and how your contribution
> will relate to it, such as:
>

> http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/developerworld/2011/02/24/webgl-support-in-the-android-web-browser/
> http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=11012
>
> I would also recommend that you be very precise about what you are
> planning to contribute. Just saying "um, yeah, I wanna have WebGL,
> what can I do?" probably won't get you terribly far.
>
> --
> Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
> http://commonsware.com | http://github.com/commonsguy
> http://commonsware.com/blog | http://twitter.com/commonsguy