Here's an honest questions to people who have in-app billing in production:

Does it work and is it worth the trouble?

I've been reading the list and it does seem that there are a number of
problems:

* it just doesn't work on 1.6/2.1 (some devices only?)
* it takes a while for purchases to get processed
* testing sometimes doesn't work

Besides that integrating it is a bit of a PITA. Nevertheless, I have it mostly
implemented (licensing server/encryption/obfuscation, etc.), but I'm
starting to wonder whether this is the way to go. If it takes a few hours
to process orders, I think most people will just think it doesn't work
and give up. And/or I will have to deal with lots of complaints/refunds.
Plus 1.6 and 2.1 makes up for more than 40% of my users, so if it really
doesn't work on all devices with those versions, that's a lot of lost users.

I want to use in-app billing to offer upgrades from within the application,
without having to maintain two separate versions, but I'm thinking maybe
a separate 'pro' version (with LVL) will be a lot more user friendly. I could
of course launch in-app billing and if it doesn't work, switch to a 'pro'
version, but that's a lot of unnecessary work.

What do you think?