I don't know what your final code looks like that you use, but you can
change the visibility of the original item you are dragging
temporarily using setVisibility(View.INVISIBLE) or View.GONE depending
on how your layout is organized, so that only one item is visible
while dragging.

You could post your code here if you need further help.

Peli