Hi Peli

here i attach my code, to be added , i have ressolved the issue of double
image by getting rawX() value of the event , and setting my absolute layout
according to that.
but here i get a unique problem, whenever i click the button and try to drag
it, the mouse tip comes to a certain pixels above from the topleft corner of
the button,like a offset distance,if you run the code on the emulator u wil
find this problem.
can anyone help to solve this?

package com.google.android.samples.view.draganddrop;

import android.app.Activity;
import android.content.Context;
import android.graphics.Canvas;
import android.os.Bundle;
import android.view.MotionEvent ;
import android.view.View;
import android.view.View.OnClickListener;
import android.widget.AbsoluteLayout;
import android.widget.Button;
import android.widget.Toast;

public class Drag_And_Drop extends Activity {

 @Override
 public void onCreate(Bundle icicle) {
  super.onCreate(icicle);

  MyView tx = new MyView(this);
  tx.setText("Drag Me");
  AbsoluteLayout l = new AbsoluteLayout(this);

  AbsoluteLayout.LayoutParams p = new AbsoluteLayout.LayoutParams(
    AbsoluteLayout.LayoutParams.WRAP_CONTENT,
    AbsoluteLayout.LayoutParams.WRAP_CONTENT,10,10);
  l.addView(tx,p);
  setContentView(l);

 }

 class MyView extends Button
 {
  public MyView(Context c){
   super(c);

  }

  @Override
  public boolean dispatchTouchEvent(MotionEvent event) {
   int    mCurX=(int)event.getRawX();
   int mCurY=(int)event.getRawY();;
   System.out.println("scrollx "+this.getScrollX());
   int action = event.getAction();
   if ( action == MotionEvent.ACTION_MOVE ) {
    System.out.println("X="+mCurX+"  y="+mCurY);
    this.setText("x: " + mCurX + ",y: " + mCurY );
    AbsoluteLayout.LayoutParams p = new
    AbsoluteLayout.LayoutParams(AbsoluteLayout.LayoutParams.WRAP_CONTENT,
      AbsoluteLayout.LayoutParams.WRAP_CONTENT,this.getScrollX()+ mCurX,
      this.getScrollY()+mCurY);
    this.setLayoutParams (p);

   }
   return true;
  }

  @Override
  public void draw(Canvas canvas) {
   // TODO Auto-generated method stub
   super.draw(canvas);

  }

 }

}

#####main.xml#####

<?xml version=*"1.0"* encoding=*"utf-8"*?>

<LinearLayout xmlns:android=*"http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
*

android:orientation=*"vertical"
*