Sadly I appreciate your help, but I don't think it will work. I've
already done an override of the getview call.  The higher level logic
which knows which items can specify the draw color can not communicate
it to the lower level.  The code samples, i have seen set all the
colors in a list. I don't see any which set colors on a line by line
basis.  Probably the gmail example you gave uses private api calls
since the code is not online anywhere.

2012/1/5 Kostya Vasilyev <kmans...@gmail.com>:
> Yes it is possible to set colors on a case by case basis using the provided
> API.
>
> It's just that the provided API is not structured the way you expect.
>
> Create a data item class with fields to base the logic on
> Extend BaseAdapter
> Override getView
> Check the data item fields and make the decision
> Optionally, delegate to a method in the activity, an "appearance manager"
> object, or make the decision in some other way.
>
> -- Kostya
>
> 5 января 2012 г. 23:07 пользователь John Davis <davi...@gmail.com> написал:
>
>> Yes, I would think it is possible, but not in this version. Its
>> possible to set all line items to the same value.  However, its not
>> possible to set the colors on a case by case value using the provided
>> api.

John F. Davis

独树一帜