Hello Treking,

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 2:17 PM, TreKing <treking...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 1:07 PM, John Davis <davi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I would think it is possible, but not in this version. Its possible
>> to set all line items to the same value.  However, its not possible to set
>> the colors on a case by case value using the provided api.
>

> Yes it is. Please stop blaming the platform for your lack of understanding
> it. I already explained how you can create a data-model that holds the
> unique color per item that you then set on the View.

I'm not blaming anyone or the api. I am simply saying it has a bug.
Someone might want to look into it.

>> But the api does not allow you to set a tag outside this code so that the
>> routine can change the text color based on the tag.
>

> Yes it does. But using the Tag property to achieve this is overkill and ugly
> anyway.

Sorry, but it is the only thing provided by the api and its not the
settag which raises the exception.  It is the getitematpostion call.
It says it gets the data at position x.  When this call is made it
raises and exception.  That is the bug. It should return null if it
does not exist. Raising an exception sounds like a bug.

>> If you try to get this data, it raises an exception.
>

> No, if you don't know how to use this function and use it incorrectly, then
> it raises an exception.

I am not using the data from the call and getting an exception.  I am
making the call and getting an exception.

> At this point I have to suggest to you that you take a step back, get
> yourself a good book, and review the documentation thoroughly and go through
> the samples. You are apparently confused about a number of things with how
> the adapters work and are not going to get anywhere until you understand
> what they are and how they work.
>
> Good luck.

John F. Davis

独树一帜