HaleRazor wrote:
> I am also seeing similar behavior.  Market now shows using 21MB.  I
> thought it might be related to the apps that I had installed, so I
> uninstalled three applications of varying sizes...the biggest being
> 3MB.  Market still showed using 21MB.  I have formed the suspicion
> that there is a bug in the Market application.  I am concerned that
> the Market size is related to the number of applications available in
> the Market.  As a result, I do not plan on opening the Market
> application any more until I have read something that convinces me
> that my suspicions are wrong or that they were correct and the problem
> has been fixed.

This has been written up on a few occasions, including me on this thread.

The Android Market apparently caches market-related information (e.g.,
icons and descriptions). This cache is not proactively released.
However, when free storage space drops far enough, the Market will free
up the cache.

The core Android team has indicated that they need to try to free up
that cache more proactively.

The Market has nothing to do with what apps you have installed or
uninstalled, AFAIK, so uninstalling an app will not affect the Market size.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com