On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Mark Murphy <mmur...@commonsware.com> wrote:

> The Android Market apparently caches market-related information (e.g.,
> icons and descriptions). This cache is not proactively released.
> However, when free storage space drops far enough, the Market will free
> up the cache.
>
> The core Android team has indicated that they need to try to free up
> that cache more proactively.
>
> The Market has nothing to do with what apps you have installed or
> uninstalled, AFAIK, so uninstalling an app will not affect the Market size.

Mark, this doesn't make sense - a .png icon is 5K. Let's say that you
have browsed 1000 apps - that's ~5M.
I very much doubt descriptions will increase this number to more than
6MB. Let's put 4 MB of comments (ahem).
Now, compare 10MB to 21 - my guess is Market does a little bit more
than expected.

Cheers