Thanks to all who have contributed answers to my questions.  The last
problem is that the intent cannot find the called app.  Perhaps it's a
misspelling or perhaps the fact it's an external app and I need some
slightly different intent format, or maybe lots of things.  I'll keep
at this and when I get the syntax correct, I'll post the answer.
Google searching turns up lot of commentary on the subject but all of
the snippets have proven not to work.
Best,
Tom B