LinearLayout is not a FrameLayout. I just remembered that ScrollView
*is* a FrameLayout, my bad. The layout params of the ScrollView's
child should be ScrollView.LayoutParams (or FrameLayout.LayoutParams.)
A child must always use the layout params type declared in its parent.

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Jim Graham <spooky1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 01:35:14PM -0700, Romain Guy wrote:
>> It might now be a FrameLayout but a subclass of a FrameLayout. You can
>> see that the problem happens inside a ScrollView. What ScrollViews do
>> you have and what do you put in them?
>
> I should have mentioned---it happened before I put in the ScrollView,
> too.
>
> But to answer your question, as per the ScrollView docs, it can only wrap
> one item, and that's a LinearLayout.
>
> So is LinearLayout a subclass of FrameLayout, then?  I would never have
> guessed that (and if it's in the docs, I never saw it).  So should I
> change the cast for the LinearLayout params to FrameLayout, then?
> And do I need to import android.widget.FrameLayout?
>
> Sorry if any of these are stupid questions---I'm in unexplored territory
> with these problems, and have been for (how many weeks has this been
> driving me crazy, going from one set of documentation material to
> another, and another, and another, and ... ad nauseum?).  As I said in
> my first post, I finally gave up and had to post here.
>
> Thanks,
>   --jim
>
> PS:  no need to CC me...gmail nukes the duplicate copy when it sees
>     the duplicate Message-ID...and it'd still end up in this mbox
>     file instead of in /var/mail thanks to my procmail filters
>     that redirect all from this group here.  :-)
>
> --
> THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
> 73 DE N5IAL (/4)            MiSTie #49997      < Running FreeBSD 7.0 >
> spooky1...@gmail.com                    ICBM/Hurr.: 30.44406N 86.59909W
>
>   "Now what *you* need is a proper pint of porter poured in a proper
>   pewter porter pot.."     --Peter Dalgaard in alt.sysadmin.recovery
>
> Android Apps Listing at http://www.jstrack.org/barcodes.html

Romain Guy
Android framework engineer
romain...@android.com