On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 2:05 AM, yvolk <yvo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the "Sync" screen of the "Accounts and Sync"

There is no "Accounts and Sync" on Jelly Bean in Settings, so I do not
know what you are referring to.

> Today I've noticed that latest version of the Chrome browser on my Android
> 4.0.4 device does actively use both Action Bar and Options Menu but for
> DIFFERENT purposes.

On my Nexus S (4.1), Chrome has an action bar for contextual
operations (an "action mode"), plus a fake overflow menu. An options
menu looks different (2 x 3 grid of choices). And the overflow menu is
fake, as I am reasonably certain that we cannot have a three-part menu
choice, where they have forward/back/favorite buttons.

However, that will only be true for devices with an off-screen MENU
button. For devices that do not (e.g., Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7; both
4.1), the address bar contains the overflow menu.

Hence, other than the fact that the overflow menu is faked, this is
precisely the expected behavior. Devices with a MENU button will have
no visual on-screen affordance to bring up the overflow, and it rises
from the bottom of the screen. Devices without a MENU button will have
the on-screen (and, ideally, in action bar) affordance to bring up the
overflow menu.

Chrome uses a fake action bar (on tablets, it is inside the tabs) and
a fake overflow menu. You are certainly welcome to do the same in your
apps. The objective is not necessarily for all apps to use the same
implementation of these things, but for things to behave basically the
same for users.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training in DC: http://marakana.com/training/android/