The action overflow is always in one of two locations, and it's always with the
rest of the action items.  I've never felt like I've missed it, but on legacy
apps I'm constantly having to hit the compatibility menu button to see if
there's more to a page.

One thing I did back when I was running AOKP was to set it so the compatibility
button only showed on legacy apps, but was always clickable (just invisible
sometimes).  That was more of a convenience thing than a discovery aid though.