I apologize if I have hit the wrong tone, originally this thread
caught my eye, because it is an issue that any app has. I was hoping
to find some secret trick to tell the OS via a published, but well
hidden API (not saying anything here), that my app needs some
resources asap and speed up the process a little.

I do agree that making the app feel responsive at start-up is the way
to go, but then again, I would like to know, if there's a way to find
out via an API, how bad the situation really is, so the app could
decide what best to do.

Maybe this should all be in a different thread, or in a different
group, but I'm not tinkering with the OS.

And so far, I have been enjoying the discussion.

Again, sorry if it came across differently, it was not my intention. I
tend to overuse sarcasm at times.

Michael