Peter - I agree completely. OpenIntents is a great idea, but it
doesn't fix my problem either.

The strangeness is not just limited to the lack of a discovery API.
There's also a peculiar lack of documentation on what the built-in
apps can do, leaving us wasting a lot of time poking about making up
intents by experiment.

My hope is that both of these - intent discovery APIs and better docs
on the existing intents - are in the plan, just not done yet.

Richard