When I said "last update" I meant the one previous to Marshmallow.
 Lollipop.  When that one came out, I had no troubles.

As far as Eclipse over Android Studio...  Yeah, shit happens.  But if
that's the way the waters a flowing, I'll have to get with it.

Anyway....
Considering I haven't found anyone else complaining about this issue with
the widgets, I've not gotten any reports from anyone using my apps, . I am
assuming that it is something on MY device  I haven't found anything with
Google searches saying that 6.0 is to blame.

If you wouldn't mind, and since I have your attention...  Could you install
one of my widgets and see if it updates on your device?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Kenneth+Lawton

That the list of all the stuff I have on Play.  Go with the Moon Phase or
one of the Countdown apps.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/b2d2c83e-2965-4556-9865-e4073a66df1f%40googlegroups.com.