Wait for an update that they have been working on since the dev phone was
released.

Yeah.

Or install the holiday-phone images instead. All the fun of a dev phone,
only its updated (hmm, maybe cuz its going to googlers instead of the paying
customers?)
http://andblogs.net/2009/02/new-adp1-update-official-with-google-voice-and-more/-
the 'nochecks' version should install fine onto a stock ADP1.