Hello all,
george_c went ahead and followed Dianne Hackborn's suggestion and
reposted this in Android Discuss.  However, unfortunately, it seems to
be posted in a different language version of Google Groups, where as
everyone posting on this thread speaks English.  Thus, I've followed
his lead and reposted this discussion in Android Discuss myself, under
the following link:
http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss/browse_thread/thread/fcbbfbcf398687a/389d17f1e683f095?lnk=gst&q=putting+android+on+par+with+the+iphone#389d17f1e683f095

Please, for the sake of Dianne Hackborn's sanity, post all further
discussion on the new Android Discuss thread.

P.S. - Dianne, you had actually only asked us once before, not, as you
said "three times".  And there's no need to become harsh, we're all
here as a community only trying to better the Android platform, which,
last time i checked, is the true pulse of open source.  Also, this is
the Android Developers discussion group, and the thread and post was
aimed and intended for Android developers, so, not so outrageous.